The Bus(?)

For this week, I read a selection of short comics in a series titled "The Bus."

Going in, I had no expectations and they were still somehow subverted. Every comic had this subtle humor about it, a sort of nihilistic and relatable vibe despite being so abstract. I could imagine these on a network such as Adult Swim, probably as a transition during commercials. It's certainly obscure enough for it.

But as I said before, they're still relatable despite being so surreal. There's something so universal about places like public transit, that anyone who's ever riden a bus does understanding the general feeling behind these comics. Not only that but the fact they're all done in such a way that makes the artist's skill unmistakable, really attracted me to their work. Drawing a bus in varying perspectives multiple times is no small feat, any artist can tell you.

Overall, I'm certainly going to follow more of this artist's work as his perspective for silent, surreal storytelling is something so rare to come by that I'm not going to simply let this one pass me by.

Comments

Popular Posts