What is Happening? (Because I have No IDEA)

1.) Most of these are probably going to sound similar because I might as well be "translating" mandarin. I have no idea what's going on here. I can't even tell if she's lifting her leg or her skirts doing a weird little maneuver. What?????
2.) Is it supposed to be a rooster? A rooster man? Just a guy wearing a really cool coat? There's a woman lying on a table and some scientific looking beakers but I don't see anything connecting her to it. If it's meant to be him working on her, it's not very well illustrated.
3.) Why the chicken men! What are they supposed to represent??? I know I'm supposed to be "translating" them but I don't even know what's happening! Is she dead now? But that doesn't even look like the same woman! Maybe she's dead because none of that technology was even hooked up to her! Who's the naked lady supposed to be?
4.) Again with the chicken people. Still have no understanding whatsoever of what they're supposed to represent, how they connect to an element, or why they are there. There's some women lying around (dead?) but neither of them look likke either woman in the previous panel. I also don't want to leave out the detail of the naked man statue(??) for some reason. It's cropped in a really odd way that's making it the focal point for me.
5.) God, I hope this one was supposed to be funny because it really is very funny. The woman lying dead in a pool of her own blood on the floor, looking like she got dragged out from under the bed by, not the chicken man because he's so far away from her, but the small chickens near her. And then there's the rooster man just overjoyed in the doorway wearing a full suit. It does it for me. I got a genuine laugh because this is so absurd.
6.) The drama! Is he supposed to be blocking the doorway with that? Because he's just casually leaning up against it like he's modeling for him. And then there's that absolute drama queen in the background being like oh no I'm distressed but not distressed enough to help. And then there's the actual chicken man looking less like he's trying to break in and more like he's confused as to why they're rearranging the furniture.
7.) See now I feel like this is a Del Toro situation, where they've befriended the monster, and are just kind of chilling together. I particularly enjoy the girl holding her face like "oh you will not believe what he did today" which I also like to believe is about that asshole who's just draping himself over the door in the last panel.
8.) I get a Home Alone vibe here, maybe a game of hide and seek. What really robs this of any drama is the fact that he's entirely visible to them and they are entirely visible to him. There's also the duck head that she's just??? grown from her shoulder??? Don't know if a candle lying flame down to the floor is the best idea but it's all for the Drama. He's now their beloved chicken butler, I've decided.


Comments

Popular Posts